Diversity Recruitment: 5 Proven Strategies For Workplace Diversity
Diversity recruitment is a top priority these days. A SHRM survey found that 57 percent of HR professionals say their recruiting strategies are designed to attract diverse candidates.
Here are 5 proven strategies for improving your workplace diversity recruitment.
1. Offer flexibility as a workplace perk
Flexible work schedules and work-life balance are the most desired perks for women and Millennials.
2. Use a pre-hire assessment to measure candidates’ personalities and skills
Personality assessments increase workplace diversity because they lack adverse impact (i.e., the scores do not differ for minority candidates).
Diversity recruitment methods that reduce unconscious bias such as objective assessments are a great tool to help companies achieve workplace equality.
3. Encourage referrals from diverse employees
Use the “similarity attracts” principle to increase the diversity of your recruitment pipeline.
4. Use blind hiring methods such as anonymized resumes
Evaluate a candidate’s skills, knowledge, and potential – free from unconscious biases about his or her race, gender, age, and education level.
5. Leverage intelligent shortlisting technology
The bottom line
Successful diversity recruitment is becoming a competitive differentiator.
Glassdoor found that 67 percent of job seekers say that diversity and inclusion are important factors when deciding between companies and job offers. A Forbes Insights survey of senior executives found the top priority for workplace diversity was the recruitment of diverse talent.
Take advantages of the 5 proven diversity recruitment strategies above to give yourself a huge competitive advantage.
Latest posts by Ji-A Min (see all)
- 3 Effective Ways To Collect Candidate Experience Feedback - February 21, 2018
- 3 Major Benefits That Recruiters Enjoy By Using AI In Sourcing - February 14, 2018
- Guest Blog: 5 Best Marketing Tips For Recruiters To Find Top Talent - February 9, 2018