Company Culture: 10 Years’ Worth of Changes [Infographic]
This is a guest blog from BambooHR.
When a business skyrockets to the top of an industry or sinks into a heap of failure, the company culture can undergo a total transformation.
One key factor to an organization’s success is its culture. A great deal of change has happened in the workplace in the last 10 years and one of the core themes was a shift in company culture.
These changes have been recorded and analyzed in BambooHR’s recent infographic Then and Now: How a Decade Changed the Workplace, which you can check out below.
When you think about your current workplace, how does it compare to previous job settings over the last few years?
Each company will have its own cultural quirks, but there are some commonalities that unite them. For example, consider the impact of mobile devices on collaboration in the workplace and the flexibility it offers with remote work opportunities.
The data in the following infographic was collected from a 2016 survey that was based on several 2006 surveys. The responses from the surveys over the last decade have been compared and analyzed to extract the data presented.
Some of the findings include:
- Enhanced Leadership Appreciation: Based on the results of the survey, 71% of employees today believe that the person they report to at work is an effective leader. This represents a 7% increase since 2006.
- Stronger Employee Recognition: A sound employee recognition program is a critical component of a thriving company culture and the modern workplace seems to capitalize on this. In 2016, approximately 7 out of 10 employees felt that they received significant recognition for their performance, which is a 16% increase since 2006.
- Job Satisfaction: A company culture that promotes strong employee engagement often boasts high retention rates. Today, 2 out of 3 employees state that they would choose their current job over a similar position elsewhere. 10 years ago, only half of employees surveyed expressed the same sentiment.
The points above represent a small sample of the data that was collected through BambooHR’s survey. Check out the data in the infographic below:
About the author
Annabelle Smyth is a freelance writer who covers everything from HR to technology and leadership skills. Her most recent work involves partnership marketing with BambooHR where she has had the opportunity to learn about the relationship between employee engagement and successful businesses.
Latest posts by Ji-A Min (see all)
- 3 Strategies For Improving Quality Of Hire For Retail - July 17, 2018
- 3 Tips For Measuring Quality Of Hire In Financial Services - July 11, 2018
- 6 Essential Facts About Recruiting For Financial Institutions - June 28, 2018