The 5 Best Things About Being a Salesperson
Last week Sales Guru Jeff Hoffman gave a series of sales tips to OpenView Venture Partners. One line that really struck home was, “No one is upset that you are selling to him or her. In fact, every company is selling something, so stop pretending you aren’t in sales and embrace it.”
“Sales” as a profession has come a long way from the days of door-to-door vacuum pitches. Understanding the perks of the profession can aid in sales recruiting. With that, we’re happy to present, The 5 Best Things About Being a Salesperson:
- Sales Grooms Leaders – Great salespeople make great leaders. A study by Heidrick & Struggles found 20 percent of Fortune 500 CEOs to have come from a sales and marketing background.
- Autonomy – It’s been said that sales is the easiest low paying job in the world or the hardest, best paying job in the world. This sense of self-reliance makes for one of the most motivating and rewarding careers out there.
- Compensation – Not only can a knack for sales can prove to be extremely lucrative, in comparison to seniority-based careers, you have the ability to jump to the top of the ladder very quickly.
- Business Depends on Sales – Every company is selling something. At the end of the day, any company’s product or service is only as valuable as your ability to sell it. You’re a hero to your business.
- There’s Some Really Good Movies About You Guys – The Pursuit of Happyness, Glengarry Glen Ross, Boiler Room… the list goes on. Clearly the fascinating world behind sales can hold an audience’s attention.
Hard work warrants reward, so be proud! What’s your favorite thing about being in sales?
Latest posts by Kayla Kozan (see all)
- Guest Blog: Why Engaging Staff is Crucial for Retention [Infographic] - January 10, 2017
- Talent Acquisition Memes: The 20 (Hilarious) Memes That Are Way Too Accurate - December 22, 2016
- Talent Acquisition Innovation: Resume Screening Using AI - November 15, 2016