The DNA Of A Top Sales Performer – New Research
Do you know what a top sales performer looks like?
Based on three years of research, the team at Ideal analyzed 1000’s of top sales performers to understand the sales DNA of a sales rep that will succeed in a specific sales role based on factors such as industry, geography, team size, and company culture.
The data we collected on top sales performers
- 130,326 data points
- 50,000 sales reps
- 1000 top sales performers
- 22 cultural fit values
- 16 personality traits
- Sales experience
- Team size
Top 5 findings about top sales performers
- Top performers are internally motivated: they find the act of selling personally fulfilling above financial rewards.
- Contrary to the stereotype of the ultra-competitive sales team, top performers prefer a more collaborative sales team culture.
- Inside Sales Reps are more motivated by financial compensation than Outside Sales Reps.
- BDRs are more likely to emphasize building relationships compared to Account Executives.
- Sales Leaders are more assertive and less eager to please than BDRs and AEs.
Looking for an automated way to duplicate your top sales performers? Ideal’s sales recruitment platform can help. Find out more here.
See these findings summarized in our new infographic below – The DNA Of A Top Sales Performer: