Full time Urgent opening for Platform Software Engineer
About the role
Job Title : Platform Software Engineer
Location : Sunnyvale, California
Duration: Full time
Strong knowledge and experience in designing and implementing platform software & software upgrades.
– Excellent problem solving skills
– Strong in Linux kernel fundamentals, system and kernel programming
– Understanding of linux user space fundamentals, linux upgrade mechanisms and security protocols
– Exposure to using open source tools and integrating open source packages with linux kernel
– Understanding of device drivers, Intel architecture, OS fundamentals and computer architecture is required.
– Thorough understanding of data structures and standard programming practices
– Solid C/C++ development and debugging skills in Linux operating environments
– Exposure to VFIO and IOMMU on Intel platforms in linux kernel environment.
– Exposure to python or any other scripting language along with shell programming.
– Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Should be a good team player.
-Drive and deliver innovations for the next generation FlashRay product with focus on platform software & software upgrade infrastructure.
– Design, implement and debug platform software subsystems. – Make changes to linux kernel and user space drivers as and when required.
– Identify stable long term stable Linux version from kernel.org and merge to local source.
– Participate in all phases of a product development, from product definition and architecture and design, through implementation, debugging, testing and early customer support
– Work collaboratively with other engineers, and be willing to take on any engineering tasks that contribute to the progress towards the goals of the team and the company