Account Manager (Inside Sales)
About the company
Workboard’s real-time goals app helps leaders clarify goals, align teams and execute fast for great results. With goals, seeing is achieving. We help organizations increase their agility and velocity by making:
- Goals visible to everyone everywhere
- Collaborative execution easier for everyone
- Eliminating tedious weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- 1-on-1s and team meetings valuable again
Workboard is a very popular app for OKRs, a modern management technique made popular at Google, LinkedIn and elsewhere.The app is super high engagement and part of the fabric of people’s work – the average user interacts with Workboard 100 times a week.
Our diverse team is awesome and fun! Our founders and CEO have a ton of experience (19 patents, 2 Smithsonian awards, and 3 acquisitions). Deidre Paknad, the CEO, sold her last company to IBM after which she ran a large business for several years; that experience provided the insight and epiphany for Workboard.
We’re looking for high-energy, smart, fast learners who want to be crazy successful by helping customers be great successes.
About the role
Identify new and expand existing customer opportunities. In this role, you’ll have a steady lead flow, a large customer install base and access to prospect databases to do direct outreach to achieve our sales goals.
Workboard is easy to demo to our prospective audience, and your ability to convey and show the value is key to your success and ours! Working with the marketing team, identify campaigns and tools to amplify your success and increase your efficiency.
Workboard is a young company, so you’ll be working with a high energy team that is close to its customers and committed to building a truly great company. There is a lot of growth room, including up the management chain and into outside sales.
Sound good to you?
Do you have:
- A bachelor’s degree from a good university?
- At least one year of sales experience in the tech arena or some killer non-tech sales experience?
- Excellent phone style and customer engagement skills?
- The ability to understand, communicate and credibly represent our value to senior executives?
- Sleuthing and database skills to identify the best people to call and the most potent way to communicate with them?
- More tenacity than most people?
- The desire to blow through goals?
- Make 30 or more calls a day?
- Manage and grow a pipeline?
- Do web demos and help prospects understand the product?
- Qualify leads based on defined criteria?
- Work closely with Customer Success Advocates to maximize customer happiness and product adoption?
- Help with forecasting and be fastidious about sales and prospect data?
- Use modern CRM and analytics tools?