COUNTER SALES PERSON
About the role
Globally, Wolseley is the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. In Canada we are the country’s largest national trade distributor of plumbing, hydronic, HVAC/R and PVF products and solutions.
We are the professional’s choice due to our:
– strong buying power and relationships with the best vendors and brands in the business
– advanced distribution network
– robust e-commerce platform
– national team of experienced customer service experts
Our customers include professional contractors, retailers and industrial users. We have a network of over 220 branches coast-to-coast, over 2,600 employees and a national team of sales and service specialists. We are known for our knowledge, dependability and expertise which our customers have come to rely on for their ever-changing needs.
Our continued growth as an industry leader depends on hiring the best talent and Wolseley Canada is committed to supporting the successes and development of our employees.
We are an employer of choice through our:
– Career development and training opportunities
– Sustainable profitability and long-term growth strategy
– Commitment to excellence in serving all customers
– Company values – We act with integrity, drive for results and value our people
– Culture that challenges the status quo, seeks innovation and new opportunities
– Competitive benefits and discounts on top brands of plumbing and HVAC/R products
– Recognition of the importance of sustainable living; as such we are committed to supporting sustainable products for the pres¬ervation of our natural resources
– National sponsorship of Special Olympics Canada
– Proud support of Habitat for Humanity
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Are you a result driven sales person who is confident in challenging themselves to an opportunity within a growing global organization?
Do you want to take ownership and expand on your career development and personal success? If so, then this is the job opportunity for you!
• Assesses the requirements of the job.
• Ensures stock availability as scheduled.
• Completes the order process which includes offering pricing terms according to established margins; souring of additional products; and generating sales orders.
• He/she is also responsible for preparing small order quotes on urgent contracting jobs.
• Offers product knowledge to customers.
• Performs necessary product research in catalogues and on internet.
• Offers alternative stock or non-stock items depending on specifications.
• Processes orders to completion and verifies with a generated computer ticket to ensure acceptance of the order.
• Confirms details of delivery according to scheduled times and commitment dates.
• Verifies all items are available for the customer as scheduled and obtains stocking information off the system to determine causes for discrepancies.
• Notifies Sales Representative or the Purchasing department of low stock or errors in the inventory count.
• High School education plus a minimum of two (2) years related experience in the industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience or Community College education in a related field plus a minimum of one (1) years related experience in the industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
• Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.