Inside Sales Representative
About the company
Vena Solutions turns Microsoft Excel into an enterprise-class business solution so companies can better manage and trust their data without sacrificing the investments they’ve made in Excel templates, models and processes. Our cloud solution leverages Excel’s flexibility and ease of use, while adding workflow, version control and a centralized database to automate mission-critical business and finance processes.
About the role
At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian startups, we’re part of a growing industry where there are many opportunities for new solutions and product innovation in response to real world business problems.
About the Role
The Inside Sales Representative plays an instrumental role in the Vena sales cycle by being the first point of contact for potential customers. As an Inside Sales Representative you will responsible for researching and cold calling decision makers up to C-level Executives in finance and accounting departments to understand their business issues and priorities, introduce the Vena solution to them, and determine where Vena’s offering might be a best fit. You will work closely with Regional Account Managers to set up meetings with qualified leads and nurture prospects through the sales process.
You are a passionate and confident individual with a background in cold calling and business development who thrives in a fast-paced, client-centric, entrepreneurial environment. You are highly motivated, results-oriented and have a proven track record of exceeding targets.
- Conduct and manage the sales cycle process from initial contact through to qualification
- Complete a high volume of daily prospecting through cold calling and market nurturing activities
- Drive prospects to special events and webinars
- Continually build a pipeline of sales opportunities for the external Sales team
- Continuously learn about the needs and processes of Finance and Accounting departments to communicate Vena’s value proposition against those needs
- Ensure territory market data is being captured, updated and recorded within our Salesforce.com CRM
Skills & Qualifications
- One to two years of relevant experience in cold calling or full cycle sales and account management
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- ‘Hunter’ mentality with an innovative, entrepreneurial spirit and willing to do what it takes to be successful with the ability to overcome objections to achieve sales targets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to build relationships with senior management and C-suite stakeholders over the phone through value-added conversations
- Self-motivated and driven with the ability to work independently and autonomously
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to clearly understand and address client requirements
- Technical proficiency and aptitude with the ability to quickly pick up and understand software product features
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.