Regional Sales Manager
About the role
Join the winning Unitrends team and culture! With over 20 consecutive quarters of growth, we are the fastest-growing provider of comprehensive data protection and disaster recovery solutions in the industry today! Our unique multi-environment arsenal of backup, archiving and disaster recovery solutions gives our customers the industry-leading technology needed to protect and preserve their physical, virtual, and cloud environments with the lowest total cost of ownership in the industry. To learn more, visit us at
Unitrends is seeking an entrepreneurial, resourceful and goal-orientated Regional Sales Manager in our New England territory. Our culture fosters hard work, individual accountability, and execution. This includes prospecting and nurturing net new clients from interest to close through solution selling, education, relationship development, and exceptional follow-through and responsiveness. The Regional Sales Manager position is accountable for territory development, including channel relationships and end user demand in New England. Interlock with Inside Sales, Channel Sales, and Sales Engineering is critical to one’s success. The Regional Sales Manager will be based in Burlington, MA reporting to the Regional Sales Director.
Essential Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and cultivate prospective buyers through marketing generated leads, cold calls, and channel registered prospects
- Help recruit, build and cultivate relationships with Channel partners, both with local VARs and national DMRs. Increasing channel mindshare, awareness and penetration is essential.
- Provide a consistent onsite presence (60% of time) in the region with end users and channel partners
- Develop a prospect pipeline to close business, meet personal revenue goals (quota) for the company’s products and services.
- Interlock with Inside Sales team members who are directly aligned to revenue goals
- Cultivate, manage and track a high volume of prospects in the small to medium business marketplace.
- Grow Field Marketing Event presence in New England with key Channel Partners
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs and to explain how these needs could be met by Unitrends’ specific products and services.
- Gain and maintain access to decision makers in prospective client companies.
- Responsible for maintaining account records in Salesforce.com.
- Develop a solid understanding of Unitrends products and internal product development.
- Demonstrate initiative by researching emerging technologies, trends and competitive information.
- Ensure sales targets/ objectives/quotas are achieved quarterly and annually.
- Competitive and Committed to Winning
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, franchisee approach to building a successful business/territory
- Ability to work independently while leveraging and collaborating with your extended team of internal resources
- Demonstrated experience in accessing decision makers both on-site and over the phone
- Ambition to grow and expand one’s career
- Business to Business (B2B) sales experience
- Existing End User and Channel relationships in the New England Region
- Extensive Technical Background in Backup, Recovery, or Storage
- Deliver quality client service to customers.
- Ability to work in a high-energy, high-velocity environment
- Ability to build strong relationships and ensure constant alignment between our sales strategy and needs.
Education and/or Experience:
A four (4) year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/institution in Marketing, Business or related field and five (5) years of experience in full cycle field sales or an equivalent combination of skills, training, knowledge and abilities.
The Unitrends adventure just keeps getting more exciting. Just this year we received a significant investment from leading private equity firm Insight Venture Partners, acquired PHDVirtual and Yuruware, were published on Gartner’s Magic Quadrant, and, most recently, took the #1 spot in DCIG’s 2014-2015 Virtual Server Backup Software Guide!
With our strong business model, top-notch talent, and incredible passion for excellence, it only promises to get better. Here are some of the highlights of our success:
- We are crazy committed to over 10,000 customers worldwide and enjoy a 98% customer satisfaction rate.
- We have been widely-acclaimed throughout the industry with numerous awards, including: Inc. Hire Power Awards, Spiceworks™ Spicies Awards, Best in Biz Awards and the Deloitte® Technology Fast 500™, 2014 Best Channel Vendor in the backup and disaster recovery category by Business Solutions magazine.
- Our technology, our people, and our company are agile, adaptive and always on!
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug test per Unitrends employment policy.