7-15 years exp – chicago
About the role
ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Imagine what you can do here. At Talend, it is not just about technology. It’s about helping customers capitalize on the potential of “big data” by identifying, collecting, analyzing and simplifying the data to make sense of all the information available. That’s why a sales job at Talend is more than just exceeding quota. It’s about adding true value to our customers.
We are looking for results driven candidates who have strong sales and communications skills with a basic understanding of technology infrastructure and business process. We also look for the right attitude and aptitude in a candidate around a customer’s overall success.
You will be responsible for responding to inquiries from new prospects unfamiliar with the value of Talend to helping customers find the smartest way to increase their investment with Talend. You will be teamed with our outside sales teams to uncover, qualify and nurture new opportunities both at a strategic and tactical level. You know how to mange your time and pipeline effectively to hit and exceed quarterly objectives. You are creative, fearless, persistent and a positive “high energy” individual.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sell Talend’s comprehensive enterprise solutions via prospecting and relationship building
- Understand and effectively communicate Talend’s Value Proposition
- Identify, Develop and advance opportunities through the sales cycle through both inbound and outbound telesales activities
- Apply effective organization and time management skills to include: call volume management (both new and callbacks) and timely follow up activities
- Tailor the Company’s value proposition and capabilities to the individual client’s business needs in order to maximize the opportunity and build value to help close the sale
- Make outbound calls to generate leads
- Follow up on sales leads generated by Talend’s marketing engine
- Meet and exceed your assigned sales quota and performance objectives
- Continue to build your personal skillset – You can never learn enough!
- 10+ years of successful experience selling in an inbound / outbound environment
- Knowledge and passion for open source solutions
- Excellent organizational skills and follow up skills
- Comfort with various sales cycle lengths from 1 call to 6 months
- Highly engaging over the phone
- Background of exceptional quota attainment
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Office and CRM
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a past paced, constantly evolving, team environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, additional education preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment