REGIONAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE
About the role
The Regional Sales Representative (RSR) will lead all sales, business development, lead generation, channel recruitment and development within their assigned geography in order to maximize SimpliVity’s bookings/revenue, installed base, brand awareness, and customer satisfaction.
This position reports to the Area Sales Director
1. Manage all sales related and business development activities within the assigned geography. Activities include:
2. Direct Sales and Opportunity Generation:
i. Leverage existing Rolodex to create and close sales opportunities for SimpliVity
ii. Direct Business development/lead generation activities in order to ramp opportunity pipeline.
3. Management of SimpliVity’s Reseller Channel
ii. Enablement & Training
iii. Lead Generation/Business Development
iv. Performance planning, goal setting and monitoring
4. Maintenance of leads, opportunity pipeline, contacts and forecasting via company CRM, Salesforce.com.
5. As required participate in corporate sponsored tradeshows, lead generation events, etc.
6. Coordinate Solution Architect partner’s activity in order to maximize SimpliVity business.
7. Manage pool of SimpliVity demo/eval equipment in order to maximize SimpliVity business.
8. Collect market, product and competitive information and include in weekly activity report in order to ensure SimpliVity maximizes market opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 8 years of customer facing sales experience, ideally this experience is within the SMB customer segment but a component of major account experience is a plus.
- Successful experience working in both large and small/emerging company environments.
- Successful track record of introducing new product(s) into the IT market, executing business development, ramping pipeline, and closing meaningful business.
- Successful track record of presenting and positioning IT primary storage and/or server virtualization offerings directly to end customers and via reseller channels. Ideally experience is with a subset of products from the following companies (NetApp, EMC, VMware, HyperV, EqualLogic, VCE, Compellent, Cisco, Citrix, Veeam, or similar companies).
- Successful track record of reseller channel recruitment, enablement and management.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and direction
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong opportunity management and forecasting skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; strong verbal, written, and listening and abilities
- Strong Commercial Understanding of:
- IT storage – DAS/SAN/NAS, Cloud, backup & data protection
- Server Virtualization – VMware, HyperV, etc.
- Storage networking – FC, iSCSI, FCOE, NFS, CIFs
- Backup and Data Protection
- General knowledge of all major IT data center operations, applications, work flows, architectures and trends
- Ability to travel, this is a “field based” role with a high quotient of territory travel expected.
- Strong organization and project management skills: including schedule management, use of Excel as management and reporting tool.
- Ability to manage large and complex deals a plus.