Financial Advisor Trainee
About the role
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
Are you looking for a career in Retail Branch Banking? Do you want to help customers become financially better off? Do you want to build your skills and knowledge using your previous work experience or education? Are you looking for a company with a solid training program and is committed to your career development? If you answered Yes to these questions, then Scotiabank is where you want to be!
As a member of your branch sales team, you will be responsible for contributing to your branch’s overall success by meeting defined goals through the identification and satisfaction of immediate customer financial needs. Using a financial planning approach, you will capitalize on opportunities to increase sales, revenue and cross sell with existing and new customers. Goals include sales targets and non-financial objectives related to teamwork, customer service, operational and compliance requirements, and personal development.
You will provide personable, efficient, straightforward and knowledgeable service throughout your daily interactions with all customers and bank employees to foster relationships of mutual trust, respect and confidence.
Canadian Banking provides a full suite of financial advice and solutions, supported by an excellent customer experience, to over 7.5 million personal and business customers across Canada through 1,037 branches, over 3,488 automated banking machines, as well as Internet, mobile and telephone banking, specialized sales teams, and third party.
• You are a strong communicator, easily building professional relationships with an eagerness to work with customers on a daily basis, providing sound financial advice as it relates to their Day to Day banking, Self Service banking, Investments and Borrowing/Insurance needs.
• You are highly organized and results oriented with demonstrated flexibility in adapting to a constantly changing environment.
• IT literacy
• Strong personal ethics
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS:
• You have a College or University diploma/degree.
• You are required to have successfully completed a qualifying course of study that will enable registration with the provincial securities commission to obtain a license to sell mutual funds.
• Committed to work towards the successful completion of the CIFP Registered Financial and Retirement Advisor Course – Part 1 (Bank funded)
• Commitment to the completion of Continuing Education courses and activities
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.