About the company
Scalr is a fast-growing startup that provides enterprises a standardized way to govern public and private cloud environments. Scalr’s Enterprise-Grade Cloud Management Platform is already being used by some of the world’s largest organizations such as Samsung, Accenture, Expedia, and NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory. The company was founded in 2007 at the start of the cloud computing revolution, has a mature product, and growing demand that has been pushing company expansion. Our Founder, Sebastian Stadil, is also the founder of Silicon Valley Cloud Computing Group (SVCCG), the second largest user group in the valley, and also sits on the Cloud Advisory Boards of Google & Microsoft.
About the role
Our first Account Executive will have an opportunity to be a founding member of the sales team and significantly impact Scalr’s go-to-market expansion plans. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded, has a strong ‘self-starter’ / ‘go-getter’ mentality, is experienced selling enterprise software, intellectually curious, and has a strong desire to build win-win relationships with clients. Account Executives will be focused on landing new business with mid-market and enterprise accounts.
As the first account executive, this is an opportunity to set the groundwork for rapid expansion at Scalr with a team that has a passion for ambitious missions in a highly-entrepreneurial environment. We also have fun and love to travel. The last trip was to Machu Picchu and we’re thinking about Cuba next!
- Engage, qualify, and close new enterprise accounts
- Manage full sales cycle for transactional deals and tag team larger deals with Regional Directors
- Collaborate closely with the leadership team on go-to-market strategies & execution plans
- Prospect into new accounts and work with / mentor business development reps to build account lists, techniques, and strategies for prospecting
- Develop deep understanding of Scalr, cloud market trends, client requirements & how their cloud strategies impact their business
- Use a consultative selling approach for helping enterprises understand how we help them with their cloud & hybrid cloud strategies
- Meet or beat quotas
- Share – and live – our company values
- Have fun