Manager, Sales Development
About the company
Our mission is to transform the way organizations secure and protect their IT infrastructures and web applications.
What Qualys Does Best
We are a pioneer and leading provider of cloud security and compliance solutions that enable organizations to identify security risks to their IT infrastructures, help protect their IT systems and applications from ever-evolving cyber attacks and achieve compliance with internal policies and external regulations.
What Qualys Is Looking For
Qualys is looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our growing team. Our compensation packages consist of salary, bonus and equity. We offer a full suite of benefits, including health insurance, 401(k) and more.
About the role
The Manager, Sales Development will report to the Manager, SMB and work closely in collaboration with Digital Marketing, Qualys Territory Account Managers, Sales Operations, and management to follow-up on inbound leads and occasionally perform outbound prospecting to identify and qualify sales opportunities in their respective territories.
The Sales Development Team is responsible for successfully qualifying large volumes of marketing generated leads and conducting outbound lead generation to fill the pipeline for our Technical Account Managers. This position will manage a team of 5-10 SDRs.
Location: Redwood Shores
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Hire, train, and manage a team of ‘Inbound’ and ‘Outbound’ Sales Development Representatives ( SDR’s) who’s role consists of lead follow up, prospecting, pipeline building and opportunity identification.
- Meet or exceed target of qualified sales opportunities.
- Establish, enforce and improve lead gen processes to maximize team efficiency and effectiveness working closely with Sales Operations.
- Effectively design and implement the sharing of best practices and resource allocation.
- Work collaboratively with the Sales and Marketing teams to establish a systemic approach to inbound and outbound lead generation that is aligned with sales goals and marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate regularly with Sales teams to discuss best practices, business and market trends and review qualification approach to maximize opportunities.
- Continuously manage the performance and development of team through proper coaching, development, motivation, goal setting and general direction.
- Motivate Individuals and Team to exceed objectives through coaching, regular broadcast of results, and creative incentives.
- Work closely with Marketing on defining Campaign follow-up and result reporting.
Desired experience and skills:
- 4+ years of inside sales experience in SaaS
- 1+ years of management/leading a team preferred
- Knowledge of the Software as a Service (SAAS) space
- Previous experience in a startup
- Experience analyzing data for performance and trends
- Comfortable using NetSuite – reporting and dashboards a plus
Redwood City, CA.