This Entry Level Sales position will receive training to enter into either our Carrier Development Specialist or Brokerage Salesperson positions. This program would typically last 3-6 months before you would move into the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn how the NFI Brokerage operations work in regards to moving freight.
- Learn about basic modes of transport – Full Truckload, LTL, Intermodal
- Learn the fundamental aspects of NFI Transportation Management System (TMS) including load entry, tracking, and dispatch.
- Work with assigned salesperson in an operational capacity to begin to understand basics of brokering freight to customers and carriers.
- Work with Customer Sales force to effectively move each order through the systems in a cost effective and efficient method with a focus on a high level of customer service.
- Speak with Clients on behalf of NFI to confirm details about shipping requirements
- Speak with drivers on behalf of the carrier dispatcher to help ensure the NFI level of customer service is maintain with each brokered load.
- Use system tools and effective communication methods (E-mail, phone, fax)
- Recent college graduate (prefer with a degree in Business) other degrees will be considered
- 0 – 2 years of an internship or logistics experience. Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated, results focused sales and customer service orientation.
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Well organized with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Professional demeanor and self-confidence and positive attitude.
- Customer-focused team player.