Business Development Representative
About the role
The Business Development Representative will support the sales and marketing initiatives for MMIS, Inc. – MediSpend. This position will be tasked with telesales and telemarketing to reach out to target Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology and Medical Device companies. The task will include contacting via email and/or phone calls to target prospect companies.
Essential Job Functions
- Contact prospects to determine the name and contact information for key members of the management team
- Invite prospects to visit trade show booth
- Invite prospects to attend MMIS, Inc.- MediSpend sponsored webinars
- Appointment setting
- Online product demos to introduce MMIS, Inc.- MediSpend products and services
- Perform data entry into Salesforce.com. MMIS Inc.-MediSpend’s customer relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Empowered to coordinate all of the MMIS, Inc.- MediSpend sales and marketing resources to achieve maximum sales results.
- The attainment of weekly and monthly activity standards
- Build personal relationships with the targeted prospective companies in support of all MMIS-MediSpend sales growth initiatives
- Maintain a knowledge of MMIS-MediSpend product suite, services and marketing initiatives
- Analyze prospective customer needs and application
- Engage and nurture potential clients
- Develop, qualify & close opportunities within region as appropriate.
- Cooperate with Business Development Executive to develop account & territory level development plans.
- Associate’s degree or bachelor degree in business or other disciplines with a minimum of 2 to 5 years sales experience.
- Highly articulate, outgoing, personable and engaging – with strong phone presence.
- Experience in telesales and telemarketing
- Experience in tele customer relations
- Experience in selling and/or the healthcare IT
- Expertise in developing and nurturing relationships.
- Demonstrated track record of success and the ability to achieve
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Hands-on orientation and roll up your sleeves mentality.
- Operates well in a small company, entrepreneurial environment.
- Good communication and presentation skills as well as strong strategic and problem solving skills
- Consultative and strategic skills as well as proven ability to work in collaborative environment.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- The ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, integrity, etiquette and relationship management skills.
- Follow up and the attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adapt to different environments and personality styles.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate internal company resources.
- Customer focused
- Collaborative team player