About the company
Milestone Equipment Holdings, LLC was founded by Robert Thull in 1995. Milestone began acquiring intermodal fleets for its own portfolio and managed and leased equipment on behalf of institutional and private investors including banks, partnerships and other leasing companies.
In 2004, Mr. Thull acquired the majority ownership of Personal Attention Leasing, LLC a trailer leasing company. In 2011 Blackstone, a private equity firm, purchased 80% of Milestone. In 2015, Blackstone sold their interest in Milestone to Wood Creek Capital Management, which is wholly owned by Mass Mutual. The subsequent merger ofWood Creek’s existing trailer assets in June 2015 along with the merger of Quest Capital Group, an equipment management company, gave Milestone a combined trailer, container, and chassis fleet of over 70,000 assets.
It is one of the top three trailer leasing firms in the U.S. and one of the largest in the intermodal industry.
About the role
The purpose of this position is to manage the sales aspect for the assigned branch through effective sales strategies, providing insight to the market within the area, and prospecting and developing new business. This position requires that the individual provide personal customer service to each customer regardless of their status of business. The position also demands that the incumbent work side-by- side with the branch employees to understand the customers and function of the branches within the branch to create success. This position will require extensive travel locally and may require some overnight trips to various areas in the region including the home office.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Gain and communicate knowledge of regional market trends to ensure that we’re quoting all appropriate opportunities.
2. Successfully deploy fleet growth to achieve pricing and term goals while minimizing off rent time.
3. Adopt and execute against a well-defined sales process which includes more systematic demand generation, increased selling activity and ongoing account management.
4. Develop creditworthy clients in accordance with company credit policies.
5. Prospecting activities, including telemarketing, cold-calling, sales calls, mailers, and creating databases.
1. Ability to work in tandem with branch personnel.
2. Monitor Rate per Unit (RPU) and utilization via Flash Reports and input from Division Business Executive.
3. Follows up on any issues with customers and provides personal attention as needed.
4. Assist and encourage prospecting by developing existing accounts and building new accounts.
5. Insure, at all times, that Company policy is carried out in regards to Human Resource policies and procedures.
6. Assist branches with decision making in any area related to sales and business development.
7. Develop solutions to help solve complex problems or any dissatisfaction with our service.
8. Assume other responsibilities as assigned. (Other responsibilities is defined as temporary tasks that assist in the success,maintenance, or safety of the staff and facilities)
Travel Required: 60% – 70%
1. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
2. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a business related field (Marketing, Finance, Management, etc.)
3. Minimum five (5) years of experience working directly in the tractor trailer leasing industry.
4. Minimum five (2) years in sales or business development.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
7. Willing to work later than scheduled hours.
8. Demonstrate a positive and professional image.
9. Must be comfortable in speaking with customers and employees alike.
10. Must be able to work independently and drive success with minimum or no supervision.
11. Flexible and adaptable to the changing work flow and needs of the business.
12. Ability to travel extensively to the branches.
13. Working knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
14. Ability to work multiple projects and maintain a positive attitude.
15. Strong attention to detail with excellent follow up skills.
1. Ten (6) years working in a sales role within the trailer leasing industry
2. Proven and extensive experience with new business development.
Milestone Equipment Holdings, LLC herein Milestone, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PAL complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Milestone expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Milestone’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.