Purpose of the Job:
This permanent, full-time position will be responsible the overall management of a portfolio of commercial accounts having a broad range of complexity and value. You are a professional who understands the importance of building and nurturing relationships in the community and with Meridian Members. You will manage a diverse portfolio and understand the unique needs of proprietors. You will seek to grow the size and profitability of the commercial book while minimizing loan risk and maximizing product penetration. You enjoy a fast-paced exciting environment with a commitment to achieving results.
- Attract, retain and maintain business to strengthen and grow the commercial book of business, achieving portfolio profitability targets.
- Personalize, coordinate and execute business, marketing and sales plan aimed at Centre of Influence (COI) such as lawyers, accountants, and other community professionals to target new business, fee income, retail referrals, loan and deposit growth.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge and solid analytical skills in the areas of balance sheets, cash flow mechanics, and business plans presented by Members.
- Focus on the highest quality Member service, ensuring alignment with overall Meridian and Commercial goals and objectives.
- Exhibit good general business acumen coupled with ability to structure credit and deposit facilities to meet Member needs and Meridian objectives.
- Minimize loan risks through diligent, timely and proactive financial reviews and awareness of changing economic/marketplace influences and applicable industry trends/data.
- Assist in coaching and developing Commercial Services colleagues.
- Actively participate in Company and Community events and activities while demonstrating Meridian Values.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum three years progressive experience in sales/service and managing a diverse portfolio in commercial banking environment or like field.
- Post -secondary education in commerce, business administration, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial statements and understand aspects of lending such as project financing, market analysis and industry trends, and cash management, etc.
- Excellent analytical, relationship, interpersonal, communication, presentation and team skills.
- Strong business acumen coupled with a demonstrated ability to initiate action to achieve results and meet deadlines while respecting fundamental corporate values.
- Experience with diverse accounts, products and services.
- Ability to work independently with confidence and strong commitment to Member service.