Sales (Leasing) Consultant
About the role
We are hiring Sales Consultants for our properties here in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago. With the busy season winding down, we’re going the opposite of most companies and looking to hire additional sales (leasing) consultants, fully training them during the winter so they are ready for our busy season that begins in March. Since there is an extended training period, previous experience is not required, but an ambitious attitude is. It’s an exciting time to join our largest sales team we have in our 4600+ unit scattered site portfolio. As a result, a valid driver’s license and vehicle is required for this role and exceptions cannot be made.
As a member of our Sales team you will:
- Execute established Leasing policies and procedures in accordance with Fair Housing and any and all governances as required by law.
- Obtains knowledge of pricing policies for the different properties and units we have via LRO.
- Assist in maintaining the Availability List and Status Reports.
- Prepares lease documentation and interdepartmental correspondence and communication for all levels (i.e. key form requests, parking, and gym membership).
- Understanding and following of building policies and procedures for the various MAC properties.
- Posts daily traffic to insure that all traffic is being logged and ties back to the traffic sheets. Uses telephone traffic logs daily to insure appointments are being set up.
- Assists in the off-site marketing program.
- Makes sure that follow-up telephone calls are made to all qualified unclosed traffic within 24 hours.
- Promotes the resident and business referral programs as established under Company guidelines.
- Walk the various properties to make sure all common areas (offices, indoor and outdoor facilities, landscaping, laundry rooms, trash rooms, etc.) are in market ready condition.
- Conducts regular inspections of model and vacant units in order to identify areas in need of cleaning or maintenance and items in need of repair. Prepares work orders as necessary.
- Review all signage and make sure it is in market ready condition, properly lighted and visible to street traffic.
- Available to stay late if appointment shows up late or there are unexpected leads at the last minute.
- Works as a team member to promote a positive working environment and effectively qualify leads according to needs and sells and closes accordingly.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle that will be used to travel to/from our properties as you show units to potential residents all around the Hyde Park neighborhood. You must be comfortable having potential tenants in your vehicle. Sorry, no exceptions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required. Previous sales experience a plus, but not required.
- Ambitious and customer-centric attitude – the sales close may be great but the customer left with a great experience is the goal.
- Computer skills including: internet, e-mail, (MS Outlook) MS Excel, and MS Word. Previous experience using Salesforce is also a plus.
- Knowledge of established leasing practices and procedures is helpful but not required – only sales experience is required, not specifically real estate.
- Excellent listening, verbal/written communication skills as well as closing and follow up skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Competitive Wages (hourly base plus commissions on a 4600+ unit portfolio)
- Rental discount on any one of our units, from studios to 3+ bedroom apartments
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability & AD&D included in package
- 401K with Company Match
- Flexible Savings Account
- Educational Reimbursement