About the role
Knowledge First Financial
Knowledge First Financial is one of Canada’s leading Registered Education Savings Plans (RESP) providers. We have been in business for 45 years, and our head office is located in Mississauga near the City Centre.
Our mission is to encourage and assist Canadians to obtain a post-secondary education by providing peace-of-mind savings solutions. We are determined to be FIRST…
F = First Come Our Customers
I = Integrity is Never Compromised
R = Results Determine Success
S = Sales Drive Our Business
T = Teamwork Towards a Common Goal
Financial Service Industry
Founded in 1965, Knowledge First Financial is one of Canada’s leading Registered Education Savings Plans (RESP) providers with over $3 billion in assets under management. Knowledge First Financial’s mission is to encourage and assist Canadians to obtain a post-secondary education by providing peace-of-mind savings solutions.
The Sales Representative role is a unique opportunity as an independent to develop your own customer base and relationships while still having the support of a leading RESP provider. You will have the ability to make your own schedule, create your own business development plan, your own style of connecting with your prospective customers.
The ideal candidate for this role is an individual who thrives on independence, who is passionate about RESPs and educating families on the long term benefits. You must be able to plan your own schedule, and develop a strategy for profitable sales consistent with company and branch goals and manage customer relationships as well as growing your portfolio through cold calling and networking.
- Set and achieve your own objectives as well as targets assigned to you;
- Customer relationship management, retention and growth of a portfolio;
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities;
- Perform external sales presentations in potential customers’ homes;
- Effectively communicate the features and benefits of our Education Savings Plans to customers; and
- Maintain a commitment to comply with the regulatory requirements of the Securities Commissions governing Knowledge First Financial products.Position Requirements:
- Proven dedication to the internal/external customer’s needs;
- Honest, ethical and trustworthy attitude;
- Possess the drive to work autonomously and self-motivate;
- A passion for helping families plan for their futures;
- Demonstrated focus on results;
- Desire to work individually and as part of a team;
- Proven ability to forge new relationships and easily build rapport;
- Cold calling and face to face business development experience;
- Frequent travel required, as well as, ability to work outside of traditional business hours;
- Must own laptop for sales presentations;
- Ability to work full-time hours;
- Must be willing to obtain RESPDAC license; and
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and access to a properly licensed and insured vehicle.
- Knowledge First’s Offering Includes:
- An uncapped commission plan;
- Extensive training on RESP products and business development strategies while candidate is obtaining RESPDAC license;
- Marketing support to help you find new customers;
- The option to purchase leads;
- Sales incentives and recognition programs; and
- Flexible working hours, make your own schedule!