VP of Sales
About the company
Joist is a new tool for trades contractors that allows you to manage your business on the go from start to finish.
Our platform allows you to handle logistics and maintain clear communication by creating estimates, sending invoices, managing projects, and recording payments from your iPad, iPhone, Android, and the web.
From our humble beginnings, we’ve maintained our passion for helping others and our goal of creating a game changing, winner takes all company.
Some of Joist’s notable achievements include:
Ranking in the top 50 business apps in the Apple App Store (out of 19,500)
Rapid growth with tens of thousands of highly engaged users
Over $1B in transactions processed and 1600+ projects managed since launch
Joist is looking for people who aren’t afraid of challenge, personal growth, and change. Our company culture values respectful and honest communication, professional growth opportunities, and most of all – results. Our perks include a flexible vacation policy, generous benefits, and an amazing downtown location at King and Spadina for our Toronto office.
About the role
Being the Joist VP of Sales
We think big at Joist. We don’t want an employee, we want an entrepreneur who’s excited by the challenge of changing lives and disrupting the trades contractor industry with a service that’s solving a real problem.
Joist is a tool for trades contractors and a marketplace for small & medium sized home renovations. Joist was launched in 2015, with double digit MoM GMV growth (and a 10% revenue rake). To date, we have facilitated more than $5B in transactions between 350K contractor business and 2M homeowners on the platform.
What You’ll Do as the Joist VP of Sales
You’re a true sales leader who can balance driving incredible sales results with creating an amazing customer experience. As the VP of Sales at Joist, you’ll be in charge of the rapid growth and evolution of our consumer (homeowner) sales teams in three main ways.
Using your strong EQ to work with homeowners to help them make high-quality home improvement decisions
Repeating your track record of exceeding ambitious goals to drive revenue within new and existing markets
Applying your understanding for a high touch to deliver a fantastic customer experience
As the VP of Sales at Joist, your responsibilities include:
- Employing your 15+ years of sales experience with a consumer product to build and manage a team of Account Executives
- Using your experience managing a sales team with B2C, high volume, transactional sales to lead our Sales Development Manager and team
- Applying your collaborative skills and strategic abilities to our sales and customer service strategy by working with the Growth, Marketplace Operations, and Product teams to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Using your knowledge and experience with a high touch service/product with a relatively high price point to identify and improve our ability to educate prospective customers about the benefits of Joist
- Implementing Training and Excellence programs to ensure weekly and monthly quotas are met and that your team is constantly improving
- Applying your track record of creating scalable sales and customer service systems to provide mentorship to all sales leaders and reps and developing a culture of high performance
- Using your creativity and vision to incorporate new products/offerings into the sales process
- Forecasting accurate revenues each month and maintaining clear communication with the executive team
A background in eCommerce, an enterprise agency, online marketplaces, or the home improvement industry is a major asset.
The Culture You Can Expect as the Joist VP of Sales
As the VP of Sales, you will exemplify the sales team culture at Joist of:
- Result-oriented: Solving problems and being immediately effective
- Respectful: Contributing to the direction of the company – we welcome healthy dissent and debate
- Team-oriented: Making great friends with a talented and motivated team
- Professional growth: Opportunities for continuous learning and personal growth
The Perks You’ll Enjoy as the Joist VP of Sales
- Unlimited Vacation
- Healthcare Benefits
- Pet Friendly Office
- Open Office Environment
- Free Healthy Snacks
- Kegerator that never runs out of premium beer