Sales Operations Director
About the company
Joist is a new tool for trades contractors that allows you to manage your business on the go from start to finish.
Our platform allows you to handle logistics and maintain clear communication by creating estimates, sending invoices, managing projects, and recording payments from your iPad, iPhone, Android, and the web.
From our humble beginnings, we’ve maintained our passion for helping others and our goal of creating a game changing, winner takes all company.
Some of Joist’s notable achievements include:
Ranking in the top 50 business apps in the Apple App Store (out of 19,500)
Rapid growth with tens of thousands of highly engaged users
Over $1B in transactions processed and 1600+ projects managed since launch
Joist is looking for people who aren’t afraid of challenge, personal growth, and change. Our company culture values respectful and honest communication, professional growth opportunities, and most of all – results. Our perks include a flexible vacation policy, generous benefits, and an amazing downtown location at King and Spadina for our Toronto office.
About the role
Joist is a platform for trades contractors that allows them to Create Estimates, Send Invoices, Manage Projects, and Record Payments from your iPad, iPhone, Android, and the web.
- Ranks in the top 50 business apps in the Apple App Store (out of 19,500 business apps)
- Has tens of thousands of highly engaged users, growing very quickly
- Has processed over $1B in transactions since launch
We’re not looking for an employee. We want you to join Joist’s team as an entrepreneur who changes individual lives and has a massive impact on re-shaping the trades contractor industry.
- You will help build an industry disrupting project that real businesses use
- You will solve problems and be immediately effective
- You will focus on building an amazing product, not time spent having meetings and working with clients
- You will contribute to company direction – our team favours healthy dissension and debate
- You will make great friends which you will most likely work with multiple times during your life
Joist is looking for an experienced, hungry, Sales Operations leader to help us build the most effective, streamlined, high-performing Sales organization in the world. As the Director, Sales Operations, you’ll be responsible for leading the continued build-out and evolution of our company’s sales operations group in order to create a sales organization of unrivaled productivity, efficiency, and efficacy.
- Sales process and system optimization
- Sales Enablement
- Forecasting & quotas
- Reporting & Analytics
- Documentation and SOP’s
- Sales Training and Change Management
- Sales compensation design and administration
What you’ll do:
- Drive world-class reporting processes to maximize the self-awareness and productivity of our Sales teams.
- Coordinate sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes across our Sales organization.
- Impact overall sales strategy through collaboration with our Growth, Product, and Sales & Customer Success teams to ensure we’re providing a seamless and stress-free experience to our customers.
- Own and constantly improve the quality, efficiency, efficacy, and consistency of our sales processes.
- Collaborate with our Product & Engineering teams to optimize and ensure the effectiveness of our technology tools and systems.
- Lead Change Management activities across our rapidly-evolving marketplace operations.
- Collaborate with our Product, Sales and Customer Success teams to provide team training and implementation on new practices and process changes.
- Work closely with our Sales leaders to ensure our Sales teams have expertly-designed and distributed quotas.
- Collaborate with Finance and Human Resources in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
What you need to know/have:
- Minimum Bachelors degree in business, marketing, engineering, or related field required. MBA from top business school preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in Sales Operations/Enablement at a high-growth, technology-enabled, company
- You live and breath people, process, and data
- World-class leadership and management skills
- You know how to build a team from the ground up, and are willing to get your hands dirty
- You’ve got a strong understanding of how to communicate effectively across functions, teams, and departments
- You have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Deep experience with, and appreciation for, SalesForce
- Strong interpersonal, as well as presentation, written, and verbal skills
- You’ve got excellent EQ, are a pleasure to work with, and will contribute to our unique company culture
- Employee Stock Options Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Pet Friendly Office
- Tea, Coffee, and Healthy Snacks
- Kegerator Tapped with Premium Beer
- Multiple Ping-Pong and Foosball Tables
- Regular Social Events
- Prime Downtown Location at King & Spadina (Right above Bulk Barn)