Shopper Marketing Sales Executive – Chicago
About the company
We believe the most powerful way to influence consumer behavior is through trusted, first-person recommendations.
As the premier firm specializing in Influencer Relations, Influence Central helps companies develop meaningful conversations, connections, and communities with online influencers. We specialize in engaging women in powerful word-of-mouth programs which include viral marketing programs, blogger activations, geo-targeted referral programs, and live grassroots events. Our communities include Moms, Dads, and Millennials. I-C works with over 300 national brands each year, offering a breadth of consulting services, including research, market analysis and social media strategy.
About the role
Looking to bring your shopper marketing experience to a thriving digital and social media consultancy? Hoping for a new opportunity where your proven sales and business-closing skills are utilized in a growing, results-driven organization? Passionate about the influencer and social media space?
Influence Central seeks an experienced sales professional to join our Chicago business development team to help build our shopper marketing practice. This full-time position will support the Chicago-based VP in generating leads, building a robust pipeline of business and sell in strategic consumer and shopper-focused digital and social media influencer marketing programs to top national brands and shopper agencies.
The sales executive should possess agency & CPG relationships at all levels within consumer & shopper marketing. In addition to exceptional strategic sales, marketing and persuasion skills, the ideal candidate will act as a shopper marketing and retail consumer promotions subject matter expert, along with the VP, to the full sales team. This position requires an intrepid seller who will gain access to viable accounts to find and win business. The ideal candidate must be interested in working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Work with the VP, Chicago, on shopper-focused business development outreach, client strategy and business close
- Achieve or exceed quarterly and annual revenue goals with a focus on driving the business through shopper marketing agencies and shopper marketing CPG divisions
- Prospect, build and maintain relationships within the Chicago-area, Bentonville, and Midwest region at shopper agencies & CPG shopper levels
- Work in tandem with sales team members to understand clients’ core objectives and build revenue strategically through agency and client interaction
- Demonstrate consultative selling skills in enabling customers to drive their business and achieve their objectives.
- Manage strategic program and design proposal development. Deliver final proposal presentation and recommendations to clients
- Articulate Influence Central’s strategic WOM insights in client and agency conversations
- Manage and maintain opportunity tracking systems, weekly and monthly financial updates and other business/organizational systems and tools
Key Position Requirements and Skills of an Influence Central Shopper Marketing Sales Executive
- 3+ years sales experience in shopper marketing industry/related industry; prior CPG and/or WOM experience a plus.
- An established sales record with appropriate shopper agency & CPG customers
- A natural “seller” with a warm, connective personality
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
- A strong desire to succeed with superior skills in all areas of the sales cycle including prospecting, building relationships, negotiating and selling based on value
- Highly motivated with the ability to work in a satellite office and maintain a collaborative working environment with headquarters and colleagues
- Attend networking and meet-and-greet events to develop new leads
- Understanding of shopper, digital media and agency hierarchy and organization
- Liaison to Influence Central (attend meetings, report on status, troubleshoot with client services teams, etc.)
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills; with experience in writing in a consumer-friendly, conversational voice
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a strong focus on quality of work
- Highly skilled in PowerPoint. Proficiency with MAC operating system and Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of managing contacts/workflow with CRM technology
- In-depth knowledge of and interest in consumer promotions and shopper marketing industry. As well as a desire to follow shopper industry trends, online advertising processes and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible within a dynamic environment