About the company
We believe the most powerful way to influence consumer behavior is through trusted, first-person recommendations.
As the premier firm specializing in Influencer Relations, Influence Central helps companies develop meaningful conversations, connections, and communities with online influencers. We specialize in engaging women in powerful word-of-mouth programs which include viral marketing programs, blogger activations, geo-targeted referral programs, and live grassroots events. Our communities include Moms, Dads, and Millennials. I-C works with over 300 national brands each year, offering a breadth of consulting services, including research, market analysis and social media strategy.
About the role
Seeking a new opportunity with a thriving digital and social media consultancy? Looking to bring your proven sales and business-closing skills to a growing, results-driven organization? Have experience in the media-buying or shopper-marketing areas? Passionate about the influencer and social media space?
Influence Central seeks a seasoned sales professional to help generate leads, build a robust pipeline, and sell in strategic digital and social media influencer marketing programs to top national brands and agencies. This full-time position can be geographically flexible, but preference will be given to candidates located in New York, Boston, Chicago, or San Francisco.
Responsibilities of an Influence Central Sales Strategist
- Consistently meet or exceed monthly sales goals.
- Maintain a steady flow of business closed by consistently keeping a robust pipeline of active proposals at or above sales-target levels.
- Demonstrate a strong and seasoned ability to convert proposals and agreements into business closed.
- Possess a strong ability to determine early on the viability of a potential business development prospect.
- Proactively target, approach, and close business with key brand targets, as well as public relations, social media, and digital agencies.
- Target media buying agencies as a strong source of potential business.
- Work with key retail or brand targets to build up a strong pipeline of shopper-marketing business.
- Translate, incorporate, and sell in proprietary, innovative digital tools and offerings to current and prospective clients.
- Identify and implement a business development plan and process necessary to open doors and broaden understanding of Influence Central. Convert this understanding into business for Influence Central.
- Bring strategic insight to clients and prospective clients, providing thoughtful proposals and recommendations that lead to business closed.
- Increase Influence Central’s attendance at area and regional events and arrange face-to-face business development meetings.
- Collaborate, remotely, with the entire Influence Central team to share and ensure best practices within business development, and travel quarterly to Boston headquarters to meet with team.
- Work closely with client service teams to ensure successful campaign deliveries.
- Report directly to the SVP of Client Strategy.
Key Position Requirements and Skills of an Influence Central Sales Strategist
- 3+ years of work experience, with proven success in sales/business development within the influencer, social or digital media
- Hands-on agency experience in the media, PR, social media, digital, or advertising arenas.
- Established business-generating relationships with both brands and agencies.
- Solid relationship-building and business-closing skills.
- A natural networker/connector with a warm, connective personality.
- Interest in and passion for the influencer, social media and consumer-marketing space.
- Ability to work in a satellite office and maintain a collaborative working environment with headquarters and colleagues.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to grow business through relationship development and opportunity mining.
- Ability to manage multiple business development initiatives – research, active discussions, proposals, agreements, and on-site presentations – in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation, writing, and overall communication skills.
- Ability to travel, as needed, to periodic conferences, meetings, and presentations.
- Proficiency with MAC operating system and Microsoft Office Suite.