Business Development Associate
About the company
HiMama provides a quick and easy way for childcare programs and parents to record and share children’s activities, everything from silly and fun moments to learning and developmental milestones.
Our solution for childcare and early learning programs is based on extensive research and interviews with early childhood educators and enables quick and intuitive recording of observations in the early childhood setting, as well as instant sharing with parents through real-time emails and updates through our mobile apps.
In addition to staying informed on their children’s activities while in childcare programs, parents can also log their children’s activities so they’ll never forget their favorite stories and can always relive through photos and videos in their child’s online journal.
HiMama is a Toronto-based startup and social enterprise that helps working parents connect with their children through technology. We enable child care programs to communicate with parents through messaging, photos, videos and reports, allowing parents to stay connected with their children no matter where they are.
Over 50 million moments have been recorded and shared through HiMama, with moments being shared in over 30 countries and at the rate of once every second. But we’re just getting started. Our team is passionate about what we’re doing and our goal is to connect parents and child care programs everywhere.
About the role
HiMama is looking for confident, ambitious and passionate people who want to challenge themselves in a fast-paced, professional work environment.
As a Business Development Associate with HiMama you will be empowering Early Childhood Educators to build stronger relationships with parents and engage them in children’s learning and development using our apps for child care and learning programs. This position requires the unique combination of being a problem solver that is also scrappy and hard working. Hustle is what this company was built on.
HiMama is an innovative and fast-growing company that is passionate about early childhood education. Ideal candidates will enjoy connecting with people and will have a tendency to excel in whatever they do. They will also be keen to take on a challenge and be looking to take their career to the next level.
Finally, they will be looking to make an impact on the world beyond dollars and cents–working with a social enterprise you will personally have the opportunity to improve outcomes for tens of thousands of children in Canada, the U.S. and abroad.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Research child care and early learning programs online to learn more about their philosophies, pedagogies and propensity to adopt innovative technologies
- Cold and warm call decision makers (owners, directors and supervisors of child care and early learning programs) to discuss their needs and pain points
- Converse with interested child care and early learning programs so they can learn more about the benefits of our app
- Apply problem solving skills to understand if our app is a good fit for child care and early learning programs you speak with
- Book online demonstrations with HiMama Sales Representatives for qualified child care programs
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Passionate about a career that is more than a “job”
- Ambition to work hard in order to make an impact in the world
- Evidence of independence and self-starter attitude
- Very strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Tenacious drive, motivation and confidence
- Propensity to always want to learn and improve
- Interest in new technologies and innovations
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited University
- 1-2 years of full-time experience
- Ability to build relationships and connect with people quickly
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and speak to people
- Not fazed by rejection on the phone
- Professional demeanour and good judgment
- Process oriented and never drop the ball
- Enjoys understanding customer needs and excited to influence a product sale
- Compensation is base salary with uncapped commission
- Dedicated career paths for high performers in business development, sales and management
- Flexible work hours in pet friendly environment
- Catered lunch and learns for personal and professional development
- Ongoing team success celebrations and social activities, including beer and wine Fridays
- Supportive team atmosphere with strong team culture