Business Development Rep
About the role
Our Lead Generation Representative thrives in a fast-paced environment and is accountable for identifying and qualifying new business opportunities for the sales team. He/she enjoys prospecting and is skilled at qualifying new customer opportunities. He/she is capable of challenging a prospect’s existing business practices, introducing and aligning FirstFuel’s products, solutions, and service. You will be driving initial discovery calls to confirm a business need.
- Generate leads through a myriad of strategic initiatives, channels and methods
- Conduct follow up and qualification of inbound and/or outbound leads.
- Identify, reach and influence key decision makers and stakeholders within targeted prospects. Investigate and understand the internal business processes of potential and key buying personas and have the ability to discuss relevant business challenges for each.
- Develop a robust and well-qualified sales pipeline of Utility clients, government agencies, and/or energy service providers.
- Exceed assigned meeting quota by understanding prospect needs and pains and strategically introducing FirstFuel’s software solutions to Utilities and Government accounts
- Work closely with FirstFuel marketing, sales, and product teams to develop and execute strategies and new methods for introducing FirstFuel to prospective clients.
- Work collaboratively with FirstFuel team members to; strategize, present and demonstrate a tailored technology solution structure with multi-year business relationships.
- Actively document all prospect activity in accordance with FirstFuel’s processes and methodologies using Salesforce.com.
- Efficiently manage time to focus on the highest priority activities that increase pipeline.
- Effectively transition qualified opportunities to the appropriate Sales Director.
- Possess and continually develop a technical understanding of customer’s business objectives in order to execute on a strategy consisting of software, training, and implementation as a solution to those business objectives
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2 years of experience in a related business development or pipeline development role.
- Strong work and personal ethics, self-motivated and results driven
- CRM experience, preferably Salesforce.
- Formal training in one or more selling concepts (i.e. Sandler/Miller Heiman).
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- A proven record of successfully creating interest and intrigue for a technical product or service.
- Consistently exceed expectations on meeting goals
- You function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for delivering results is set high.
- You love working with clients, understanding their diverse personalities and their business needs
- You excel in presenting world-class solutions to meet these needs.