Technical Sales Executive
About the company
Exova is one of the world’s leading laboratory-based testing groups, trusted by organisations to test and advise on the safety, quality and performance of their products, systems and operations.
Our testing and advisory capabilities, including materials and structures; fire safety; calibration; chemistry and microbiology, are trusted by customers worldwide. When your reputation is never far from the spotlight, it’s the silence of our results that is the measure of success.
With over 90 years of experience, we have over 4,500 global experts operating from 144 facilities in 32 countries to support our c25,000 customers worldwide.
Exova provides technically demanding laboratory-based testing, calibration and related services across 11 key customer sectors:
About the role
With almost 4,500 colleagues in 32 countries, Exova is a connected world of expertise. Our testing and advisory capabilities, including materials and structures; fire safety; calibration; chemistry and microbiology, are trusted by customers worldwide. When your reputation is never far from the spotlight, it’s the silence of our results that is the measure of success.
Reporting to Director of Health Sciences – Americas, the Technical Sales Executive is responsible for new business development, as well as growth and maintenance of existing key accounts by:
- Identifying New Business – Identifying and developing business opportunities by contacting potential customers, and discovering and exploring possibilities. Actively seeking opportunities to introduce new capabilities and instrumentation that meet customer needs. Develop and manage active target lists for new business opportunities. You will regularly travel to client sites, meet with new prospects and participate in trade shows / industry meetings.
- Proposal Preparation – Working with Management, Client Services and Sector Lead to screen potential business deals by assessing the opportunity, competitive pricing issues, analyze whether a bid should be pursued, requirements of the deal, technical options, and consolidate internal input to develop the best approach for our customers.
- Negotiation – Develop negotiating strategies by examining risks, estimating client goals and customer buying criteria to maximize chance of proposal success. Coordinate feedback on client requirements, develop negotiating contacts, integrating contract request with lab operations
- Responding to Inquiries – Collaborate closely with Client Services to insure inquiries are followed up and documented. Work with the Sector Management to ensure that Opportunities for the team are kept current, and that the pipeline of incoming work is maintained at levels sufficient to meet budget.
- Market Research and Customer Needs – Participate in professional associations, trade shows and other networking activities that elevate Exova profile; identify industry trends by researching sector publications and discussing potential needs with customers. Feedback findings to operations management and recommend potential new products and services.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum five years of outside consultative sales experience, preferably supporting a pharmaceutical or medical device testing and development laboratory
- Track record of successful business development; demonstrated ability to plan and execute a successful growth strategy
- Participation in a recognized sales training curriculum
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Above average interpersonal skills
- Goal oriented and competitive nature
- Ability to work flexible or extended hours as required to meet complete proposals and close deals
- University or College degree in chemistry or related field.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Products, Power Point, Word, Excel