Service Sales Representative
About the role
As a result of the ongoing growth and expansion of our Service business, HTS Engineering is looking for an experienced HVAC Service Salesperson for our Toronto office.
Under specific direction is responsible for the sale of HTS service offerings (HVAC maintenance, retrofit and repairs) to owners. Promote the HTS value proposition to building owners by providing technical solutions and operational expertise. Positions renewable maintenance agreements as the foundation of managed account relationships. Executes a formal sales process to cultivate and manage long-term relationships and to seek out, qualify and close new sales opportunities. Obtain and close sales on a monthly basis.
1. With direction from management, sells the HTS offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to building owners while reaching optimal profit levels. Focuses on improving the existing building to allow the building owner to achieve business objectives. Manages ongoing opportunities particularly focusing on selling services and retrofits. Sells, renews and expands renewable service agreements, including multi-year agreements, to both new and existing customers.
2. Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multiple prospective customers. Keeps management informed of sales progress and changes in the marketplace. Develops and maintains a network of contacts. Understands and leverages the sales process.
3. Positively and credibly influences service strategies with owners. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis. Effectively writes, and presents proposals. Verifies each new proposal with supervising manager prior to presenting it to the customer. With support from the supervising manager negotiates value, addresses resistance and closes the sale.
4. Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. Manages the activity of the sales pipeline with a focus on sales phase, close date, and probability of close as well as other pertinent information.
5. Attends and presents at trade show. Participates in professional organizations.
Qualifications 1. Bachelor´s degree in business, engineering, or equivalent work experience.
2. A minimum of three years of progressive field sales experience. At least one year successfully selling HVAC or building automation system service or projects.
3. Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and quality in business.
4. Excellent initiative and interpersonal communications skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to influence account decision makers at key levels.
6. Working knowledge of HTS HVAC product line is an asset, particularly familiarity with McQuay, Haakon, Dristeem and Johnson Controls – See more at: http://ontario.htseng.com/infostore/jobboard.asp?DisplayData=yes&id=242#sthash.LzEhbLJG.dpuf