Business Development Director – Banking
About the role
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
The journey of our careers is about one word: Opportunity. Opportunity to learn and to lead, to earn and to advance.
Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning from data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us modernizing everything we do! So if you like the vibe of a “start-up”, but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, we are the place for you.
Dun & Bradstreet is vital to businesses of every size and scope, across six continents and every industry. Without our data, how would planes fly, coffee brew or search engines enlighten? When you collect and share insights on almost 300 million companies around the world, your chance to influence that world – for the better – is remarkably exciting. You will feel that energy in our hallways and product labs, client meetings and whiteboard sessions, hashtags and annual reports. Our collaborative, open culture is one where you can be inspired, and be inspiring.
We are passionate about the power of data. We embrace the change in the world around us. And we succeed by helping others succeed. That is who we are and what you can expect we’re all about. So if you are too, we invite you to join our team. It is an opportunity like no other you will ever experience.
In addition to D&B’s core expertise in content management and decision sciences, you will help evaluate the potential behind strategic growth opportunities including master data management and integration, compliance/governance, and strategic repository solutions.
As a Leader, Business Development for the Banking sector, your primary focus will be on…
- Identify and develop new business opportunities for D&B solutions at major Canadian banks.
- Experienced navigating and liaising with senior stakeholders and executives in various departments such as: commercial banking, wealth management, commercial credit card, brokerage, commercial lending, real-estate,…
- Embed D&B content and form alliances to drive significant revenue growth and increase market penetration
- Collaborate with internal teams to create compelling solution visions that can serve as the foundation for opportunity development
- Lead negotiations with banking partners on solution specific agreements. Partner with internal finance, legal, and sales leadership to develop business case and detailed impact on existing business and relationships.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working either at various departments at banks or providing solutions to the banking industry as a consultant
- Prefer MBA in business management or practical equivalent
- 5 years practical finance consulting or data services business development experience and history of selling to large banks
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating and closing complex multi-million dollar partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong Communication skills. – Ability to deliver effective diplomatic communications (Senior Officer level interaction required between the Partner and D&B), as well as handle sensitive information and materials in a confidential manner
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively within a highly matrixed organization