Inside Sales Rep
About the company
Digitcom has been a Canada-wide leader in voice and data communications for 25 years. Over 5000 businesses trust us for their telecom solutions. We offer end-to-end solutions including phone systems, hosted PBX, phone lines (PRI, SIP), cabling, networks, switches and routing, and call centres and full system design.
We also organize system relocations and upgrades, as well as provide voice and data cabling. Digitcom is one of the few companies in Canada that sells both premise and hosted PBX solutions. Our company mandate is to always be REDI: Reliable, Expert, Dedicated, and Innovative.
At Digitcom, we continual learn and seek out the most innovative products and services in order to maintain quality in the products we provide and our service of them. Our commitment to customer satisfaction can be seen in our award-winning service and support.
Headquartered in Toronto, our sales team culture emphasizes professional growth and a respectful competitiveness. We are looking for sales professionals who can balance competition with cooperation and who bring passion to their work every day.
About the role
As the Inside Sales Representative, you will play a major role in generating revenue for the sales team. Through aggressive cold calling and lead generation, your goal is seek, identify, and follow up on leads and opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Majority of time hunting for new business, focusing on new prospects not in Digitcom’s CRM
- Looking for new opportunities with existing customer and prospects in the Digitcom CRM
- Prospecting through cold calling and email, with possibility of some networking events
- General knowledge of Digitcom solutions and products
- Explain the benefits of Digitcom, and the solutions that we sell
- Prepare accurate debriefing notes, with clear and specific information regarding the customer’s needs and follow-up discussion.
- Book appointments for the Account Executives
- Follow up on opportunities, ensuring that the account executives are completing and sending out quotes and proposals to prospects, calling prospects ensuring they have received quotes.
- Assist with closing of business by staying in contact with prospects, moving opportunities along in the sales cycle
- Provide pricing for small inquiries
- Organize call sheets, targeted prospects and verticals
- Work with associations, trades, groups to become preferred vendor or partner of choice, gathering lists to target
- Update CRM data, and ensure all current information is correct.
- Ensure all day to day customer contact approaches and activities are planned, tracked, and maintained accurately.
- Answer inbound calls and some email/web queries when required
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3 -5 years of sales experience, preferably in Telecommunications and/or technology.
- Related post-secondary education and/or relevant accreditation, business degree a plus.
- Past successes exceeding quota and customer expectations.
- Proven ability to find opportunities.
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral) required.
- Proven ability to speak to all levels of management at organizations
- Ability to identify and target decision makers.
- Excellent attention to detail, and superior time management skills.
- Proven ability to explain benefits of solutions, and not features.
- Desire to work for a fast paced sales organization.
- Experience selling to companies of 30+ employees, ideally 50-200 users.
For over 25 years, Digitcom has been providing voice and data solutions across Canada, with a focus on business phone systems. As a company our mandate is to always be REDI: Reliable, Expert, Dedicated, and Innovative. Digitcom’s true strength is our ability to evolve, adapt, and find new areas of growth potential. We stand on the cutting edge of technological development and we are looking for people whose passion and innovation will keep us at the top of our game!
To assist in our growth we foster a culture of openness, where we constantly seek feedback and ideas from our staff on how and where to improve. We provide the training, education and certification for our employees to be successful and we encourage employees to take risks and push their personal boundaries for success. Our employee satisfaction is integral to our core message: Deliver the Customer Smile!
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We require applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.