About the company
Descartes (TSX:DSG) (NASDAQ:DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Descartes has over 220,000 connected parties using its cloud-based services. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; access global trade data; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world’s largest, collaborative multimodal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world.
About the role
We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals with strong business acumen and natural sales ability to join our direct sales team. To be successful in this role, you must have strong interpersonal and telephone skills, be able to multi-task, and thrive in a fast paced environment. As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for the full sales life cycle. If you have proven experience prospecting and exceeding quota—we want you!
· Prospect, consult and sell OzLink solutions and related services to new mid-market business customers
· Work with your prospects to learn their business, understand their business process and how our OzLink solutions can best address their issues
· Engage with prospective customers via phone and online meetings to explain how OzLink meets their needs
· Educate and co-sell with strategic ecosystem partners.
· Develop a strategic territory plan to sign new customers and hit your monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets. You must be comfortable having 10-20 meaningful conversations per day, plus proactive outbound calling.
· Quarterback team selling environment — leverage available resources including solution consulting, professional services, marketing, industry experts and management to get the job done and secure the sale
· Manage high volume of open opportunities in an organized way
· Hunter mentality with demonstrated success sourcing leads, qualifying opportunities and closing deals
· Tenacious and extremely results driven. You want to be at the top of the leaderboard and hate losing. We are looking for quota killers, not quota achievers
· Experience selling to Mid-Market sized accounts with ERP, WMS, or other business applications
· Demonstrated aptitude in acquiring/applying industry expertise successfully in sales cycles
· Track record of achievements and accomplishments (e.g., college, extra-curriculars, jobs and promotions) that demonstrate your strong judgment, sound decision-making and desire to succeed
· Very strong communication and presentation skills. You know how to communicate what matters, and ask the right questions
· You are passionate about creating value for your customers, turning them into happy and reference-able clients
· Minimum of one year experience selling software
· College degree
Located: Westborough, MA