Global Business Development Executive
About the role
The Global Business Development Executive (BDE) is a critical role and extension of our direct sales
force. The BDE is responsible for creating phone or in person appointments for Ceridian’s Human Capital
Management payroll and HR Solutions in new global business accounts through daily outbound cold
calling, as well as targeted telephone, email, webinar, social media, face to face event and tradeshow
initiatives. Due to the targeted market, this role will entail working during the business hours of various
countries across the world. There is a preference for BDE to have global sales experience. This BDE
should communicate effectively in both written and oral form; maintain attention and actively listens to
others’ ideas and thoughts; and possess organization skills needed to accomplish daily work goals.
Documenting and tracking activity in our CRM system and using our marketing automation tools are
integral to this job. Having the ability to analyze territories in Excel using pivot table functionality to
draw conclusions on gaps is a success factor. A key to being successful is the ability to contact prospects
and make a good connection that results in an appointment to meet with Ceridian. Some travel may be
required for corporate and sales team meetings.
• Build rapport via telephone, social media and email over a long term, multi-touch, nurturing
• Partner with Global Sales Reps to strategically target accounts in the territory and identify
potential opportunities for Ceridian’s solutions that meet a specific sales qualification criteria.
• Multi-tasking skills are critical to manage calendar, campaigns, timely follow-up and
engagement with Sales Reps.
• Ability to assess current prospecting approach, determine if working/not working and make
adjustments to strategy to course correct for success is important. Adjust behavior for success.
• Grasp and relay our competitive advantages in conversation and email communication with
prospects by highlighting our differentiators without mention of our competitors by name.
• Understand targeted prospect’s needs within the Human Capital Management industry. New
hires will be trained on current Ceridian products, processes, HCM industry trends.
• Consistently leverage CRM, social media, and automation tools/processes to find opportunities
and capture market share via a systematic and disciplined approach.
o Gather key information to update Salesforce.com CRM and assign a nurture path strategy.
o Leverage marketing automation tool, Eloqua, and support lead generation efforts driven by
campaigns, direct mail, tradeshows, social media, face to face events, and webinars to engage prospects
in discussions about Ceridian.
o Follow standard operating procedures to capture all relevant information in Eloqua and
Salesforce.com to track first call appointments and follow-up activity.
• Daily activities will require on-going expertise in overall value proposition tied to Ceridian’s suite
of products and services and the ability to discuss the technology used to deliver all of Ceridian’s
• Manage and develop relationships with HR, Payroll, Finance, Operations and IT company leaders
across multiple industries.
• Identify and build out companies in SFDC to include and have conversations with all levels of IT,
HR, Payroll, Recruiting, Operations, Finance, and Benefits level contacts.
• Hold a deep level of understanding about the prospect’s evaluation cycle and buying process
and stay in front of prospects until they are ready to purchase.
• Have in depth conversations with C level executives about the value Ceridian HCM provides
companies. Share customer success stories and nurture C level executives over a period of time.
• Use direct mail content to distribute targeted mailers to prospects. Follow-up with emails and
phone calls to elicit interest in reviewing partnership with Ceridian.
• Territory analysis and gap identification on contacts, vendor information, employee count.
Create plan to fill gaps.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred – or equivalent work experience.
• Strong prospecting and business needs analysis skills.
• Ability to develop and perform against a territory plan.
• Understands global enterprise market business models and dynamics.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and people skills are essential.
• Proven organizational skills and highly self disciplined.
• Computer proficiency with standard office applications expertise is required.
• Excellent time management skills critical to success.
• Tenacious, driven to succeed attitude, entrepreneurial spirit, team-success oriented.
• Highly adaptable and able to manage through change.
• 2+ years of telesales or prospecting experience in a business-to-business environment.
• Some global business experience; multilingual preferred.
• Flexible to work a large portion of time outside normal 9 am to 5 pm business hours.
• Experience in working with and selling to Senior HR and C-level roles.
• Previous phone sales/appointment setting experience a plus.
• Payroll/HRIS direct selling experience is strong qualification but not required.
• Expertise in Salesforce.com for CRM and Eloqua for marketing automation is a plus.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Must be able to work during various global times zones (Europe, Australia, and South America)
• Limited travel up to 10% (Dependant on assigned territory)