Regional Sales Engineering Manager
About the company
BlueCat delivers software-based DNS, DHCP and IP Address Management
(DDI) solutions enabling our customers to build and manage their most complex network infrastructure to meet the rapid change of pace of their business. All enterprise infrastructure depends on DDI at its core, to operate effectively. Our technology is adaptive and open, giving our customers the flexibility to grow their networks without rearchitecting at every expansion point.
About the role
Regional Sales Engineering Manager
BlueCat is looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual who is well versed in the IT challenges facing enterprise scale organizations to join us as a Regional Sales Engineering Manager. If you have a strong background in network technologies, are a super communicator and team player, this may be the ideal role for you.
BlueCat’s next generation DDI solutions are perfectly positioned to meet the demands that cloud, virtualization, mobile and the explosive growth of connected devices have put on the entire enterprise network infrastructure and our customers are some of the biggest companies in the world.
The Regional Sales Engineering Manager is a player coach role responsible for managing the performance of a team of sales engineers and as an individual contributor, taking ownership of the technical aspect of engagements and ensuring customer success.
You will work closely with our sales team, clients and partners in the pursuit of revenue generating opportunities and ensure the team has the tools, messaging, and other collateral to successfully execute.
Your technical expertise will be relied upon for advising/designing solution architecture, conducting demonstrations and leading proofs-of-concept. You’ll also liaise with professional services to ensure projects are smoothly transitioned. BlueCat provides a customer-optimized transition from pre-sales to services, in which the customer’s interests are center focus.
The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership, coaching and mentoring skills, a strong networking background, be capable of advanced solution engineering, architecture design and in-depth product configuration. Strong presentation skills and an understanding of the intricacies of a complex, technical sales cycle for large enterprise clients is essential.
Here’s how you’ll contribute to BlueCat’s success:
- Provide technical pre-sales support during the evaluation of BlueCat’s solution
- Consult on solution architecture within the context of the client’s network infrastructure and business goals
- Design the solution architecture using BlueCat and related technologies (F5/Citrix/VCO)
- Deliver on-site and web-based presentations to broad audiences
- Actively participate at trade shows, seminars and speaking engagements
- Help to identify new business opportunities
- Provide feedback to Product Management and Engineering on product functionality and future enhancements
- Take the technical lead in responding to proposals and RFPs
- Provide leadership and guidance to a regional team of sales engineers
- Coach and develop staff; provide performance management, development planning, and technical training
Here’s what will put you at the top of the list:
- 3+ years of team leadership/management experience
- 5+ years of sales engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience in a Network/Systems Engineer role with the desire to be client facing or as a sales/systems engineer with a network related company
- Strong network system administration experience and very familiar with IP protocol, DNS, ISC BIND, MS DNS, DHCP
- Experience designing solution architectures for an enterprise software, networking, virtualization, or systems integration company
- Experience with routing, switching, and LAN/WAN design
- Experience in Cloud and Virtualization with a focus on VMware solutions
- 3+ years of experience with UNIX/LINUX platforms
- Intermediate scripting skills and experience in a broad range of programming languages
- Experience installing and managing Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 DNS and DHCP servers
- Ready and willing to travel (>50%)
- Excellent communication skills with the knack for conveying technical concepts to audiences of varying levels