Business Development Specialist
About the company
Beltmann Integrated Logistics is a transport, distribution, logistics and project management company that serves the nation. Beltmann Group specializes in managing complex time-specific projects with a committed team of professionals backed by leading-edge systems and external resources.
We provide productive and cost-effective planning services to meet clients’ short and long term needs, with no bias or predisposition to our own assets.
Our network is compiled from hundreds warehouses, carriers and local service providers who are hand-picked to ensure that we are effective in deploying the most optimal resources. Beltmann Integrated Logistics is not merely a vendor – they are an extension of your team with a clear understanding of our responsibility to meet the goals, cost requirements and strategic focus of your company.
About the role
A Beltmann Group Business Development Specialist is responsible for the following key duties:
- Identifying marketing requirements for an outlined territory; client qualification as per corporate outlines; contacting leads provided by Beltmann Group and other referral sources.
- Prospecting to identify new customers or business opportunities that fit with Beltmann Group’s target market industries.
- Communication with prospective clients over the phone, on email, and on social media.
- Understanding and determining client needs, project specifications, buying criteria, incumbent suppliers, etc.
- Reach out and schedule phone and in-person meetings for Beltmann Group outside sales representatives.
- Record all important communications and activities within CRM system.
- Use and report on current lead sources, and suggest improvements of new processes.
- Establish and maintain continuing campaigns for long-term prospective clients.
- Regular communication with other sales representatives in order to identify targets and compare current efforts
- Reporting on activities as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications of a Beltmann Group Business Development Specialist:
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of related experience or training
- Proficient using computer software, including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Occasional operation of an automobile
- Hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable at certain minimum coverages (as well as proof as requested by Beltmann Group)
Physical Demands for a Beltmann Group Business Development Specialist:
Beltmann Group Business Development Specialists are regularly required to sit and talk or hear. You will need to occasionally stand and walk, as well as lift or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities necessary for this job include close vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to change focus.
These physical demands represent abilities that must be met the Business Development Specialist to successfully perform the functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
A bit about the Beltmann Group work environment:
- Reasonable accommodations are made to enable those with disabilities
- Moderate noise level
- Regular travel and exposure to outside weather conditions