Regional Sales Director
About the company
Attivio, a Data Dexterity Company, provides software that several of the world’s best-known brands count on to gain immediate visibility into critical data that helps them to crush deadlines, transform productivity, and make an impact globally. As the winner of the “Best Company Culture” award on Venture Fizz, we are growing exponentially and are looking for sales professionals to join our all-star team.
Attivio offers impressive health and dental insurance, 401K, and unlimited paid time off and tuition compensation. Located in Auburndale, MA, our convenient office is a hop away from the Green Line and offers free parking.
About the role
The Regional Sales Director role is a quota carrying enterprise software field sales position responsible for meeting and exceeding quota by generating and closing new opportunities. The perfect candidate is a driven sales professional with at least 3 years selling successfully to Fortune 1000 companies. The ideal candidate is also a motivated sales professional with experience across the entire spectrum of the enterprise software sales cycle including sourcing new leads, closing sales and lifecycle Account Management.
The primary responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Work as part of an enterprise sales team to both recruit and enable partners, as well as drive new account opportunities for sales of Attivio software and services engagements within assigned geographic territory
- Manage opportunities through the sales cycle from initial inquiry to forecasted pipeline to deal design and close using salesforce.com
- Identify and close additional or incremental opportunities with existing customers in territory
- Provide continuous updates on all active accounts within the company CRM system (salesforce.com) and report on sales activities, status and progress on a regular basis
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and reference-ability
- Travel and a significant level of activity is required to achieve quota for territory.
- Expertise in the Financial Services vertical.
- 3-5 years of experience in an enterprise software sales role in direct Enterprise account selling infrastructure software (not applications) to Financial Services, Fortune 2000 companies.
- Experience in enterprise search, business intelligence software, data analytics software, or database/data warehousing platforms is highly desirable
- Preference will be given to candidates who come from the following companies: Autonomy, Endeca, FAST/Microsoft, Vivisimo, Green Plum, Netezza, Vertica.
- Successful candidate must have a track record of managing 3-10 large accounts with an annual quota of +$2 Million range. (W-2’s required)
- MUST have 3-5 end user references
- Strong technical base with exposure to enterprise search, business intelligence, data warehousing, and / or data integration (ETL) markets
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, financial and organizational capabilities
- Exemplary communication skills, including written, telephone and presentation
- Aggressive with optimistic attitude and high energy level
- BS or BA degree required