Inside Sales Rep
About the role
Make a Difference Every Day with Team Applied
The people of Applied are making a difference every day through innovation and a commitment to help safeguard and protect what matters most. With first-to-market software, mobile and data analytics solutions, Applied is revolutionizing companies to strengthen their position as trusted advisors to clients across the world. Our core values challenge employees to make a difference every day with excellence for customers and support for the communities around us. We believe that success comes from a dynamic working environment that offers professionals an opportunity to grow and succeed alongside extraordinary people.
Learn how you can make a difference on Team Applied.
Applied Systems, Inc., a worldwide leader in insurance technology, is currently searching for an enthusiastic Inside Sales Representative with a “hunter” mentality to join our sales team. Inside Sales Representatives work with new and existing accounts in an effort to increase product sales and client retention. As an Inside Sales Representative, you will make outbound calls to clients to discuss marketing campaigns, inquiries, and complaints. During these discussions, you will analyze the clients’ business, educational, software, Software as a Service (SaaS), hardware, and networking environments, all in an effort to address their changing automation needs. Inside Sales Representatives identify sales opportunities, recommend products/services that will help to achieve overall improved system utilization, and ultimately close the sale. Inside Sales Representatives are responsible for proactive account management, identifying new target areas and opportunities, selling our full product portfolio, achieving personal sales goals, and contributing toward departmental sales goals. This is a full-time, base salary plus commission role (commission is uncapped).
Additional responsibilities include:
- Proactive outbound calling to clients to ensure database is current
- Participate in interactive brainstorming sessions in order to stay abreast of changes in Applied Systems software, sales, and the industry
- Coordinate company technical engineering support and services to meet customer needs
- Monitor competitive activity and trends within the industry
- Maintain a Procedures Manual
- Must achieve objectives as outlined in the Applied Systems Sales Compensation Plan
- High School Diploma or equivalent; College degree in business, computers, or related area preferred
- 1+ year of inside sales experience, including outbound calling; successful track record in solution based selling for software and/or software as a service (SaaS) products highly preferred
- Business to Business (B2B) sales experience highly preferred
- Proactive; focused on outbound calls as opposed to account management/fielding incoming calls
- Complete knowledge of selling techniques and ability to close sales
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have solid understanding of Applied Systems’ products and services, as well as the insurance industry
- Must successfully complete TAM and Epic training
- Must have the ability to solve problems over the phone, and calm escalated issues
- Must be dedicated, organized, detail minded, analytical, positive, and have the ability to excel within a team environment
- Knowledge of network operating systems and Microsoft products
- Coursework beyond high school in the areas of business and computers is desired
Applied Systems is a leading provider of software that powers the business of insurance. Recognized as a pioneer in agency management systems, insurance organizations rely on the company’s software to manage their clients and policies in a consistent manner to minimize risk, reduce operating expenses, and drive sustainable growth and profitability. Leading the industry in technology innovation, Applied Systems has been at the forefront of data exchange between agencies, brokers, carriers and their clients. Today, the company has more than 1,000 employees with customers throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. By automating the insurance lifecycle, Applied Systems remains committed to help safeguard what matters most to millions of people around the world. To learn more, please visit www.AppliedSystems.com.