About the role
Appirio is a global services company that helps customers innovate and win in the new cloud economy. As the leader in enterprise crowdsourcing, we deliver unmatched customer value by combining the world’s top talent with a unique cloud services platform. Our platform harnesses the power of one of the world’s largest crowdsourcing communities, thousands of ready to deploy assets, and leading cloud, industry and technical experts, to help our customers drive competitive advantage. Appirio is a trusted partner to some of the world’s largest brands, including Cardinal Health, Coca-Cola, eBay, Facebook, Georgia-Pacific, Home Depot, Moen, and Sony Playstation.
Brief Summary of Role
Appirio works with companies to address key challenges maximizing revenue, operating effectively, and optimizing scarce resources by leveraging cloud based solutions. This individual contributor position is solely responsible for generating business at new accounts and expanding business at existing accounts within a specified territory. It is a mix of pure hunting/direct selling and joint selling by leveraging Appirio’s robust partner ecosystem. Ideally AE’s become the “cloud advisor” for enterprise customers and motivate them to systematically leverage all of Appirio’s solutions.
- Meet, and hopefully exceed, services booking and revenue quotas
- Accurately forecast and deliver on sales within a specified US sales territory
- Actively pursue and hunt for new business opportunities in accounts.
- Network within the industry, market, and accounts to bring new client opportunities to the Appirio consulting account teams.
- Holistically understand an account’s current cloud infrastructure and help shape future plans to move to cloud based solutions. Become the cloud advisor for assigned portfolio of accounts
- Co-sell and work collaboratively work with all Appirio’s partners
- Understand Appirio’s value proposition, partnerships, and key buyer personas across each value lever: maximize revenues, operate effectively, and manage scarce resources.
- Evangelize use of crowdsourcing within large enterprise accounts
- Understand the competitive landscape and Appirio’s differentiators to ultimately out maneuver competition in competitive pursuits
- Identify/develop key partner strategies and relationships for specific customers and market segments.
- Provide high content contributions to joint product and consulting opportunities around Appirio application solution areas identified above.
- Communicate effectively at all client levels, including CxO.
- Quickly grasp client business and technical requirements and fit consulting solutions around those specific needs.
- Manage all phases of the business development cycles to successful close (including proposal development, implementation estimating, scope construction, and client presentations).
- Proactively approach the market segment through active leadership in industry and community organizations.
- Add industry specific and technology solution expertise to the sales process.
- Maintain and nurture client relationships to ensure additional business.
Education and Required Experience (Requirements)
- BA/BS or equivalent; MBA is a plus; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-7 years experience complex sales, solution selling, strategic accounts selling is a plus
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quotas
- Services sales experience
- Prior experience in business application sales, preferably in a cloud application environment (CRM, HCM, ERP, etc)
- Proven track record of successful solutions-oriented services sales.
- Candidates with prior experience in SaaS or On Demand Industry are highly desirable.
- Drive and motivation to disruptive solutions, cloud, and services full-time.
- This is a direct sales role. Superior communication skills (both for internal and external clients), very strong leadership qualities, and team oriented business values are essential.