Sales Development Representative – Santa Barbara, CA
About the company
Our mission is to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete by enabling their digital transformation.
Headquartered in Santa Barbara, California, AppFolio creates complete, easy-to-use, cloud-based software for multiple vertical markets. Our company was founded by a team of technology leaders with many years of experience developing applications that are built for small and medium sized businesses. Our Chief Strategist, Klaus Schauser, was responsible for creating Citrix GoToMyPC and GoToMeeting—two award winning cloud-based collaboration solutions. Jon Walker, our CTO, has been a founding member of multiple successful start-up companies that were eventually acquired. He is considered a pioneer in the area of data migration and was responsible for creating advanced migration software that has been deployed to over 40 million computers worldwide. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of listening to our customers to provide solutions that meet and anticipate their needs. As a result, our rapid growth continues to be fueled by very happy and loyal customers. Our products include cloud-based property management software (AppFolio Property Manager); rental syndication and lead tracking software (Rentlinx); and cloud-based legal practice management software (MyCase).
About the role
Are you a confident, curious and ambitious self-starter excited about a career at a fast-growing SaaS company with deep roots in the tech industry? AppFolio is looking to grow our Sales Development team which assists in the creation of new sales pipeline.
By consulting with prospects, understanding their priorities and making a great first impression, our SDRs help identify the natural next steps that guide our leads towards a partnership that will revolutionize their business with cloud software. Each SDR that joins AppFolio is equipped for success with best in class sales and marketing training, supplemented by continued mentoring from experienced peers and sales leadership.
- Outbound prospecting via telephone and email for AppFolio Property Manager (our cloud-based property management solution)
- Maintain call volume of 50 – 75 calls per day to qualify leads and create pipeline for Field and Inside Sales
- Update and maintain Sales database as appropriate, including data discovery tied to marketing initiatives
- Learn and become proficient with AppFolio’s selling methodology
- Consistently achieve monthly opportunity goals
- Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Exceptional level of drive and passion for results
- Willingness to learn new skills and build a career in sales
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- 1-2+ years of work experience
- Experience working in software or sales environment desired
- MS Office knowledge including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- BS/BA degree desired
- Experience with use of customer relationship management databases a plus