Mid Market Account Executive
About the company
Our mission is to revolutionize the way small and medium-sized businesses grow and compete by enabling their digital transformation.
Headquartered in Santa Barbara, California, AppFolio creates complete, easy-to-use, cloud-based software for multiple vertical markets. Our company was founded by a team of technology leaders with many years of experience developing applications that are built for small and medium sized businesses. Our Chief Strategist, Klaus Schauser, was responsible for creating Citrix GoToMyPC and GoToMeeting—two award winning cloud-based collaboration solutions. Jon Walker, our CTO, has been a founding member of multiple successful start-up companies that were eventually acquired. He is considered a pioneer in the area of data migration and was responsible for creating advanced migration software that has been deployed to over 40 million computers worldwide. At the heart of our products and services is a talented and agile team that understands the importance of listening to our customers to provide solutions that meet and anticipate their needs. As a result, our rapid growth continues to be fueled by very happy and loyal customers. Our products include cloud-based property management software (AppFolio Property Manager); rental syndication and lead tracking software (Rentlinx); and cloud-based legal practice management software (MyCase).
About the role
The Mid-Market Account Executive is responsible for developing sales opportunities with consistent and strategic prospecting to assigned accounts, as well as from marketing sourced meetings. Motivating property management companies to evaluate and buy AppFolio by effectively demonstrating and selling remotely.
Our Mid-Market Account Executives make great pay including uncapped incentives for over achievement, and are supported with exceptional training with continued mentoring from company leadership.
Ideal candidates are relentless in their commitment to win and are sales hunters, have a record of independent action and sales goal achievement and value building extraordinary relationships with customers, prospects and team members.
- Consistently achieving quarterly sales quotas using AppFolio sales methodologies.
- Identifying and prioritizing sales opportunities through direct prospecting and lead follow.
- Developing and maintaining a high level of knowledge about Appfolio Property Manager.
- Effectively driving AppFolio’s sales process from engagement to close.
- Documenting all sales activity in Salesforce & meeting daily key performance indicators.
- Following direction provided by peers and Sales Management to consistently improve.
Skills and Knowledge:
- 4+ years of successful B2B sales experience
- Experience selling SaaS and/or financial/accounting applications preferred
- Experience using a consultative, solution based sales methodology a plus
- Ability to develop trusted relationships and find creative solutions
- Ability and resilience to work in a fast paced, high volume sales environment
- Proven record of success exceeding assigned quotas through prospecting and tele-sales
- Strong computer skills, including Salesforce.com, Powerpoint, GoToMeeting
- BA/BS or equivalent experience a plus