Outside Sales Representative
About the role
To apply for this position, fill out the questionnaire below. Applications without the required information will not be considered.
Description: A study abroad company for high school students (www.goabbeyroad.com) is looking for a Recruiter / Admissions Director to conduct client meetings and follow-ups, boost admissions and student enrollment, increase visibility and local outreach in the assigned areas. There are full-time and part-time opportunities. Pay is based on performance and a salary + commission combination. Some evenings and weekends, and substantial travel are required. Prior experience with sales / student admissions is essential.
conduct informational meetings and presentations at schools, fairs and private residences meet students, parents, teachers and high school counselors to present our programs, answer questions and generate sign-ups cultivate relationships with school educators, administrators, students and parents
distribute promotional materials, spread the word of mouth and otherwise boost marketing and sales travel to schools, private residences and events in the assigned community and other areas
5+ years of experience with recruitment and sales. We are looking for people who have experience in sales and marketing. We need people who enjoy interacting with clients and generating sign-ups.
ability to confidently and persuasively interact with prospective clients
ability to independently travel within the local community and the surrounding areas
ability to work without supervision, be self-motivated, proactive and solution-oriented
passion for education and study abroad
enthusiasm, friendly and confident demeanor
exceptional communication and public speaking skills; some physical effort
BA or equivalent and a strong educational background
To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter with answers to the questionnaire below.
1. Please summarize your salary history and salary requirements
2. Summarize (one paragraph) your experience with student admissions, education, marketing/sales or other relevant fields
3. In which communities/geographic areas can you work? (This position will require extensive travel in the North East region, focusing on New York and the Tri-State Area, New England, and others.)
4. Are you looking for a full-time or a part-time position? If the latter, what would be your work schedule and what other commitments would you have?
5. Review our website (www.goabbeyroad.com) to familiarize yourself with our offerings. With this knowledge, how would you go about spreading the word about us and boosting enrollment? What specific methods/venues would you use? Whom do you see as our target audience?
6. Our organizational culture emphasizes positive and supportive attitude, team spirit and strong professional ethics. We like to work with proactive, resourceful, self-motivated and organized people who can take initiative and deliver results. Do you have the qualities we are looking for?
7. Our successful candidates will be asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement and a non-compete agreement. The first will require them to not disclose any proprietary information about our company, and the second — to not establish or work for a competing business for a period of one year. Are these requirements acceptable to you?
8. This position will require frequent travel to various geographic regions, sometimes on weekends. During a typical week you may be expected to spend 2-3 days outside of the office, meeting educators, parents and students. Is this acceptable to you?
Thank you for your time.
Abbey Road Programs